“Anxiety Culture” – a joint research project under development
Science Talks with scientists on the topic of Cultures of Anxiety (in German!)
Moderation: Prof. Dr. Ulrich Hoinkes / Dr. Max Doppelbauer (ACP Kiel / New York)
Participation via ZOOM, without registration: https://uni-kiel.zoom.us/j/65543130181?pwd=TVFBMUovK0J2dXJPNGw0VDVKcG9uZz09
The ‘Anxiety Culture’ project is currently bringing together colleagues from all disciplines at Kiel University and beyond. With the support of the CAU management, it is to be expanded into a strong interdisciplinary and international collaborative research project. The event will give participating researchers the opportunity to present their ideas on the topic to an interested audience and will also provide space for discussion.
Tuesday, June 8, 2021, CEST: 18:00-19:30 / EDT: 12 p.m. – 1.30 p.m.
Gender Studies and their view on anxiety culture
- Prof. Dr. Tina Spies (Gender & Diversity Studies, CAU Kiel)
- Dr. Catharina Peeck-Ho (Gender & Diversity Studies, University of Oldenburg)
Tuesday, June 15, 2021, CEST: 18:00-19:30 / EDT: 12 p.m. – 1.30 p.m.
Brain Studies and Environmental Ethics in their perspective on anxiety culture
- Prof. Dr. Maren Urner (Cognitive & Neuroscience, Media Psychology, University of Applied Sciences for Media, Communication and Economics / HMKW Cologne)
- Prof. Dr. Konrad Ott (Philosophy & Ethics of the Environment, CAU Kiel)
Tuesday, June 29, 2021, CEST: 18:00-19:30 / EDT: 12 p.m. – 1.30 p.m.
Zeitgeist and contemporary testimonies on the culture of anxiety
- Prof. Dr. Nicola Glaubitz (English Studies, CAU Kiel)
- Prof. Dr. Susan Richter (History & German Studies, CAU Kiel)
Tuesday, July 6, 2021, CEST: 18:00-19:30 / EDT: 12 p.m. – 1.30 p.m.
Community and individual in the midst of cultures of anxiety
- Prof. Dr. phil. Sonja Windmüller (European Ethnology, CAU Kiel)
- Chantal Boubakeur (B.A.cand., French Philology, Sports Science, Philosophy, CAU Kiel), with an introduction by Dr. Max Doppelbauer (Romance Studies, CAU Kiel / Univ. of Vienna).